As part of the new legislation and as a responsible retailer, it’s our duty to provide you with information on cookies and how we use them.
What are cookies?
I’m sure it doesn’t surprise you to learn that we aren’t actually talking about the tasty snacks that go well with milk, but rather a simple website technology that was first introduced in the 1990’s and has been a part of most websites ever since.
Cookies are a tiny text file that is stored on your computer when you visit various web pages. These text files do no harm whatsoever and carry no personal information at all but they allow a website server to communicate with your computer to enable website functions.
Cookies are a very common part of how all websites work and have many different uses such as remembering what items you have added to your shopping basket.
Why do we need cookies?
Cookies help internet browsers to navigate websites efficiently and without them, various parts of websites wouldn’t function and you wouldn’t be able to place an order with many internet retailers.
Cookies also tell us how people use our website so that we can make sure things are working correctly and make improvements that make things better for our customers.
What different types of cookies are there and what do they do?
There are various types of cookies that function differently to one another. Cookies also only remain on your computer for a set amount of time and carry no personal information at all. Here is a little more detail on the different types of cookies, and what they do:Session cookies
– these cookies only last for a small amount of time and expire once you have closed your internet browser.How we use session cookies:
Our website uses various session cookies to help you to navigate through the different pages of our website and to pay for your order securely. We also use them to remember your preferences, such as products that you have added to your basket or recently viewed. These cookies help you to use our website successfully and place your order with us.Persistent cookies
– these are cookies exist between browser sessions (when you close your internet browser and open a new one later on). Persistent cookies each have a set expiry date and last a little longer than session cookies.What are first and third party cookies?First party cookies
are the ones that are created and used by the website you are on.Third party cookies
are those that have been created by one website but also used by another.How we use third party cookies:Website interactions
– When you visit our website we monitor the pages that you visit and how you interact with them so we can make sure that things are running smoothly and also to make things work better.Shopping engines
– When you visit an internet shopping engine or price comparison website, a third party cookie is created on your computer to let us know where you came from and which products you clicked. Banner advertisements
– Through various partners when you visit other websites, we use third party cookies to show you banners containing products that you viewed to help you in your buying decision.Google display
- Using the Google advertising network when you visit other websites, we use third party cookies to remind you to order from us.Google analytics
- Used for website usage analysis and is able to generate pseudonyms for user profiles.
If you would like to opt out of this service, you may do so by following the instructions found hereSocial cookies
– Some third party cookies are created by social networks on our websites such as add this, Google +, Stumbleupon, Twitter and Facebook so that you may use their social plug ins and share our website with your friends.Cookies on InkTec
We hope that we have answered any questions that you may have about cookies. If you would like any more information at all, please feel free to contact us on email us at email@example.com or find out more information here: www.aboutcookies.org